To catch up on why I have been M.I.A...
First things first-
I am so sorry for not being more present on the blog and yours too. I have been depressed and eating chocolate like there is going to be a sudden stop in production and I need to get my fix. I had to step away from the computer and focus on myself and get back into a mood I like...not sad and teary.
I finally cleaned up and set up the "spare/nursery" bedroom for the party I'm about to talk about. I hope to someday do more with it and make the room warm with love and add touches of both TanaLee and a new baby. Right now its no were near what I want it to look like but at least its there and in a way TanaLee kinda gets her own room until further notice. *sigh*
Notice her picture here-------v
(under it I plan to put a bookshelf dedicated to her with all her things on it ect.)
(Sorry about the over exposure below,the sun came out suddenly)
The blanket laying over the crib rail was made by a volunteer for Ronald McDonald House in Seattle. It is covered in ladybugs and flowers and frogs. I love it...the crib is so bare (due to my- inability to unpack all TanaLee's things.) So I decided to give it something for the picture.
So now that this has been said...moving on.
Our Lovely cake
We had a lovely Housewarming Party thrown by my sister in-law & mother in-law. We had a total of 22 guests and it wasn't all that cramped for room to roam. The living room was full as soon as my husband busted out his gadgets for the TV & computer combo but over all it was fairly roomy with that many over. It was mostly a night for others to visit and see our new nest but there were a few gifts greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! (For those that gifted us, if you read this) We enjoyed a night of good conversation, GREAT food, and a good game of Scum!
After all the guests left we enjoyed a night from my
niece that I have shared on this post...(http://tanaleedavis.blogspot.com/2010/12/first-genesis-came.html) She definitely kept me busy running around and scared me back to "Holy Cow! What the heck is in your mouth!". Let me explain this little *scary* incident. Hubs & I were cleaning our kitchen more fully from the night before when suddenly I caught a glimpse of Genesis in my living room with a small pink capsule and something silver in her mouth. That pink capsule was a laser pointer for Savannah to play with. (Our Dog) Someone was playing with her the night before and left it on the desk right in reach of my little niece....she managed to pop off the back and pull out the small batteries (silver in her mouth) and I freaked and ran over to take it all away from her.
I guess my reaction scared her and she let out screams and tears. I frantically searched her mouth for what I thought was a fourth battery but hubs reminded me that there were only three....thank the almighty! I had caught her in time and removed the danger. I learned yesterday I still have my mama instincts that kick in when it matters most. I also learned I must baby proof my apartment for youngsters like my niece when she comes to visit.
(Savannah & Genesis playing "you hand this to me and I'll drop it again.")
(We straightened her hair for the first time shortly before her bath..cute right?)
*It was on the lowest heat and it was her mom's idea since her hair in naturally curly*
(Genesis is learning to color with crayons & paper)
So all in all I have had a moment to myself to cry, laugh, and have a scare worth panicking over.

6 comments:
Love the room...I know it will look exactly how you want it to in time. =0)
Glad you are feeling better. It stinks that we have to work our way out of it but at least we do have each other.
Sending hugs your way!
Sometimes chocolate (and a lot of it) is just whats needed. I'm glad you took some time for yourself!
I agree with Tiffany!! I have been MIA too girly... I think we all need that me time.. that over indulge, or under indulge.. it's good for us i think.. to steal away and figure things out.. or at least attempt to. the room looks great! and i love the idea to have a shelf with her memorial and rememberances of sweet tanalee! :) thinking of you xoxo
Your niece is so cute!!
I'm so glad she didn't swallow any of the batteries.
Welcome to your apartment! The party sounds fun. :)
awww Genesis <3 Glad she is ok. And Im glad you are feeling better. Remember Im here for you.
The room looks great... and lovely to have all her things there - love the bedspread. Lovely to have a housewarming party... hopefully your house is feeling more like a home :) Gorgeous photos of your niece. Glad you've had time for yourself and always here thinking of you xoxo
Post a Comment