CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beating the odds, a face of hope


I was just reading some comments left on my blog and it left me going uh...duh...

I have shared very little on my whole journey with having TanaLee...although I think I may have blogged a short version...hmm...i'll have to look into that. Anyways many of you who follow me have looked into my "old" posts. Way back in, I believe it was March or April.
I decided after TanaLee died the blog needed a face lift so I made some changes...in doing that I messed up some of those older posts. I'm to lazy to try and fix them so I'm sorry that pictures hide much of the words posted.

So my point is... I have posted my story pretty much from beginning to end (*stuff I'm comfortable sharing*) on the website Faces of loss, Faces of Hope. You can find and read my story there by either putting in my name in the search bar or or there is a second search bar for similar stories and click 25 weeks. My face pops up...first. I posted this story on there forever ago back when I had guts to talk in detail about it all and it was all fresh. I was numb so I took advantage of that to tell my/our story. So anyway, if you have yet to get the 'full' story there is where you can find it.

Thank you all for following me in this journey, I hope you have found encouragement, normalcy, something to laugh at and hope in your future. I hope TanaLee story can teach others the strength of a baby cannot be underestimated because when it looked the worst she made it through. Although she didn't live to be an adult, she beat odds. She won because being born as a 25 weeker is no simple task and 1lbs 4 oz baby at that. She lived to be 7 months and three days old...fighting EVERY obstacle that micro preemies could face. She won the battle. She's the reason I move forward, the reason I am truly humbled and brought to my knees. The reason my tears fall. The reason my arms ache, longing for them to be filled. The reason my faith is stronger. The reason to keep going until she's back in my arms. If you get the chance, share not only my story; but share yours and those you also have come to now in the journey. One day this may help someone...someone afraid to speak up about their loss. TanaLee showed her courage, will you show yours?

7 comments:

Amy von Oven said...

I posted my story on there too, Mine is the same one from my blog. Its a great site too.

Lj82 said...

Such a little trooper. I'm sorry there was nothing else the doctors could do.:(

TanaLee Davis said...

The faces website is pretty much what promted me to continue to blog and it helped me find others dealing with this loss that blogged too! I owe a huge thanks to that site!

Thanks all!

DandelionBreeze said...

Your gorgeous TanaLee must have been a really strong fighter... you are also so brave to tell your and her story and blogs like yours were the inspiration for me to start my blog. Thank you and love to you always xoxo

Tiffany said...

TanaLee is definitely a little warrior. It's amazing how much strength such a little person can have and how much they can inspire others to be strength! Thank you for sharing her story with us. I relate to a lot of what you say about the struggles of watching a child fight. Thinking of you!!

a + j said...

courageous little tanalee! and courageous felicia!!

i will draw on her strength (and yours!) in the coming weeks.

xo

rebecca said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, definitely looking forward to following your journey! Your story is beautiful & your daughter sounded like an incredibly strong little girl! In answer to your question our first was born premature at 23wks so this is our second baby and we hope he will be our rainbow! I know what you mean about moving your weekly goals...I too was excited to get to this point (25wks) and my next goal is 28, then 32, then 37...I'll be completely thrilled if I get that far!

Post a Comment