* Hope & Faith in God's promise of a resurrection.
* Family & Friend support
* Writing out my grief (I.e- TanaLee's journal & this blog)
It hit home for me yet another thing that has helped hubs and I cope. It exists because of the creative minds of Harmonix, Mtv games, EA games. (Yes I do play some video games! :)
RockBand! Yep, While in Seattle especially hubs and I found ourselves very stressed and slightly bored from time to time. We had plenty to worry about but one thing that truly comforted and took us 'away' was the Xbox 360 game RockBand. We both love music and it is a perfect combination of music and family fun.

Since TanaLee passed especially, our family has gotten together multiple times to play this fantastic game. It is something that I never was very good at but still throughly enjoyed. (I still can't go any higher then medium on skill level.. Ha!)
Its funny to me to think of such a thing to help you cope but music is powerful and the family can all join in. Last night we played the game for the first time in a good while and played a song that brought me back to memories of when all the family got together so as to not let anyone be alone to grieve soon after TanaLee passed. *sigh* I'm glad that our family has drawn closer just sad for the biggest reason. We keep our hope alive and faith strong. We hope together in the day we will hug our ladybug again. Until then we will continue to keep putting the "more important things" first, always remembering our baby girl, and playing good music with fake musical instruments!
Rock on with us with RockBand! :)

4 comments:
Sounds like great fun... music can be so therapeutic and so lovely to be able to do it with others. Love the idea of the game... will have to watch-out for it here. Love always xoxo
Sounds fun.
We played a lot of Things The Game. It really got our mind off of everything.
My heart aches for your loss!
Ive been reading your story and I am so sorry!
Your baby is beautiful!
I'm sorry you have gone through this horrible loss, it's so not fair!
Hugs
Post a Comment