CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Drained


I woke up this morning thinking about what needs to be done this morning and anything I needed hubs to know before he went out the door for work.

(This would be 5am, so not my usual "up" time)

Then just before hubs shut the font door to lock it...my mind went to an old and familiar place.
Back to the Ronald McDonald house we stayed in while in Seattle. The sound of the door was the same. Then my mind jolted back to the smell and feeling that was always present. Then the memory of me on the floor begging the nurse on the other line to tell me that I was just dreaming and that tomorrow I would see TanaLee. The nurse was calm and told me that I wasn't crazy and said that many parents that loose their babies call to "check" on their babies because of habit or just to feel that "normal" sensation to calm their minds. I must have been on the phone for an hour with her...I cried myself to sleep that night...wanting it all just to be a terrible nightmare.

My mind than went back to earlier that day....when doctors paged me to come in and see my daughter....then later when my life was halted by the words, "she not going to make it". The terror and disbelief that washed over me....I had hoped for so long....did everything....why couldn't there be something more they could do for her? Then the screams that I didn't realize were mine in the hallway of the Nicu. Scenes I play over and over in my mind...I can't erase them.

Tears that stain my cheek as these memories are typed out. I feel at times they might as well be a permanent fixture on my face....a stain that no matter how much you scrub or soak it still it remains. I talk a lot about my good days...today is a off day...a day that I don't care about the tears that either run or just sit comfortably in the rim of my eye lids...I am emotional and I'm not gonna say sorry for it today. I miss my daughter and long for her toes and cheeks to kiss. To read silly books to and see bright eyes staring back at me. I miss my life as a "mother".

8 comments:

paula said...

i am so sorry you are having such a rough day....all i can offer is to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you and i am sending some (((hugs))) your way

Ashley Nicole said...

you are a strong woman. you are a brave mother. and you have every single right to go through every bit of emotions you do. the pain will never go away, but neither will your love for her. I cannot even fathom what you have gone through but you are an inspiration. you get up, every single day, and you live. I don't know where i am going with this, but your strength is amazing. Right before my grandma passed, she kept talking about Jill, and how she can see her. Jill was her daughter who suffered from kidney and heart failure as an infant and passed at about 6 months. To hear my grandma tell us that she could see Jill, made me believe that there is a Heaven and Angels do watch over us. and I know that yours is watching over you. <3 <3 <3

Lj82 said...

You are every bit a mother. I hear you on the NICU nightmares... They haunt me too.

Thinking of you.

Tiffany said...

Sometimes I feel like my memories of what happened in the hospital with Ellie are too much like a movie or TV show to be real... I mean, stuff like this isn't supposed to happen in real life. I think the memories of the hospital, hearing those words, waking up the next day and experiencing the loss all of over again, are haunting. I don't see how something so painful can ever go away. But I hope our memories of the bad things start to fade and the memories of the good things just get stronger. I'm so sorry you are having a hard day. You aren't alone. We understand. Sending you hugs!

Tiffany said...

im so so sorry mama. Im here if you need me.

DandelionBreeze said...

Sorry about my slow commenting this week :( You are very much a mother... and will always be a mother. Your nightmares must be unbearable sometimes... I can only imagine a fraction of what you've gone through from my experience in labour ward. Here for you always xoxo

Tiffany said...

tiffanycarver@hotmail.com

or

info@ellieslight.com

Thank you!!

Natalie Ross said...

You are a beautiful mother. You always will be.
Stay strong girl. You CAN do this. Just keep moving. God will help you. Praying for you!
Love, Natalie

Post a Comment