The last specialist: Dr. N
So Yesterday I finally went to the last specialist I wanted to see. To give you a little back ground-
When I was pregnant with TanaLee, I was so sick and vomiting way too much. I was dropping weight instead of keeping it on and growing. I was referred to a nutritionist to see if she can give me some tips to better control my weight and to add poundage to my small body. She was very nice and helpful. Yesterday I finally met with her to talk about proper eating habits both before and during pregnancy so that I can start myself on the right foot. As you all know, I have PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) so it was necessary for me to insure that my diet habits were healthy and or get some adjustments to keep my kidney function in great condition. Especially since I have the goal for a rainbow. Did I mention she also specializes in high risk situations for pregnancy and hypertension?
Well I made that appointment for 30 minutes because my insurance would not cover such a visit since I am not pregnant; and I would being paying out of pocket. Dr. N was so nice and so concerned for me and my well being, she knew that I would be paying out of pocket so she went ahead and made it count. She printed off a huge stack of nutrition info for me, knowing what my visit was for; and she even gave me an extra 15 minutes to go over my questions and some of the info she found. I couldn't believe the love that was pouring from this doctor. I mean really, in this day and age what doctor and more does this?
She even informed me that she understands the struggle that I faced when Tanalee was born because she too had a preemie...a 28 weeker! Although she didn't share with me the details of this baby...I think because she wanted to focus on me and the appointment and not her own story. So anyway the appointment left me feeling like everything will be okay when the time comes for hubs and I to try for a rainbow.
The last eight months have been nothing but research, search and discover new health concerns and answers or solutions to these new fears. I am grateful that I took the time to research and study the issues I face...I am glad that I was aggressive to find answers/solutions to many of my fears...because now I feel I have a solid team of specialists that will work tirelessly to better help me to get to term with my future rainbow. Oh and did I mention that the nutritionist said that she would love to work with me...because I am such an interesting case and she loves my drive? I couldn't believe she admitted that to me! It blew my mind and I nearly cried right there in her office.
She has already done so much for me that I am confident that when I am pregnant she will reach levels for me that I didn't think possible. Its nice to feel like someone really cares and wants to help me in the medical world. She has already decided that she is part of the team...she even went ahead and talked with the high risk doctor that I intend to see and called me to say, "Hi Felicia, it's your nutritionist, I talked with Dr. W and we decided you should be on Vitamin's .... on top of the prenatal's your on." Silly, but it made me smile and feel like I am in the right hands.

4 comments:
This is proof that God puts the right people in your life exactly when you need. His plans are greater then we could EVER see!
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement on my blog... means so much to me. She sounds great :)) So fantastic when you come across professionals who are so compassionate and understanding. So good that you have a team helping you along the way xoxo
I'm so glad you have found someone who can really help you and gives you some piece of mind.
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. It really brings my spirits up. :)
Post a Comment