Yes, finally I have internet. Well actually as of yesterday but once I had it I had to catch up on all of you. As far as the energy to blog myself, well that couldn't come until now. Its 8:43 am and I'm feeling pretty good sitting in my very own apartment.
I LOVE my new place!
So pictures are an important part of my blog and keeping it interesting. Here are a few of my place nearly finished. As well as the lovely and delicious cake that was gluten free, made by my sweet sister (in-law) and boy was it yummy!
After a lot of hard work of un-packing:
Notice all the boxes piled flat in the entry below?
there was way more there but I took um to the recycling!
Isn't this cake gorgeous? I mean really, my sis-law needs to get into the cake business!
She does this for fun...its like second nature to her. The fact that it looks this good, tasted so good and it was gluten free was amazing! (*gluten free because her littlest is gluten intolerant*)
Fyi- hubs put the crib back up for me on the second day of living here, and he did it all by memory! I tell you what, that thing was once a thousand pieces with LOTS of screws. I was shocked. That is an understatement.
Just moving in and un-packing (about 2nd- 3rd day):
A little about what the last few days have been like, I'll call it bliss, sad, and a little bit of an adjustment. It has been SO nice to have my own space again. I appreciated what my in-laws gave us but there's nothing like your own space and plenty of it to decorate and make your very own. Oh and did I mention how nice it is to have LOTS of light and windows!? I love open windows and sunlight! It helps me stay un-depressed. lol
Things have been sad for two important reasons. 1- I do have a nursery, but it's not set for a baby....the crib is the only thing up currently....I also don't have a baby in my arms to tuck into bed in that nursery. 2- Savannah, my fur babe is sooo depressed. We lived in a house with three cats for her to annoy and a small doggie that owned my mother-in-law (possible small dog- syndrome, I hear small dogs own the people, not the other way around. lol). Needless to say, Savannah doesn't have all that in 'our' place. Its just her and me and hubs. Its cute though to see her warming up to the place and trying to entertain herself alongside a hallway of boxes.
Funny thing with me and my new place, almost like nesting....I am sooo annal about cleaning after every mess. For example, my kitchen and dishes must be done by the end of the day; or should I say after the meal has been prepared and eaten. Anyone who knows me, knows that I detest dishes and will most likely put them off until the last second. So I find it funny that I'm being such a house maker and cleaning like a mad women and acting as if company will arrive any second. Maybe subconsciously my brain is going into mommy mode and trying to gear me up for a rainbow before I even try for one. lol * so close to trying I can see the colors lining up *
For now, that is my update. I'll let you in on things as they progress and change with time. Thank you all for all your comments and support. Thank you for following my insane journey and being faithful to semi-boring blog. Come visit me again.

5 comments:
So happy for you! It looks like a perfect place for a rainbow!
Lovely that you've moved into your new place... it looks so bright and sunny :)) Understandable that you're nesting... great place to nest :) xoxo
I was thinking about you when I saw today's Sunday Sweets on Cakewrecks, http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/.
The first cake has some darling little ladybugs on it.
So glad you have a place of your own! That's an exciting step!
ok, a few things:
1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your apartment! Its SO cute!! Now I have to move over there ;)
2. The cake is adorable
3. YAY for putting up the crib again. I was worried that moving would force you to put this away sooner than you would like...(jehovah willing you wont have to put it away any time soon because it will be in use very soon<3)
sending you my love <3
I love that you put the crib back. Your babe is and always will be such a significant part of your family. May Jehovah continue to bless you and your little family.
Post a Comment