CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Once upon a time

There was a sad women hoping for a rainbow. She was crushed to hear that Genetics still doesn't have there act together and she would have to continue to be patient. This would mean no rainbow not for a while...a long while.
She felt much like this poor puppy named Savannah who was mercilessly hissed at for just trying to enjoy her day. The days plans were to go and visit a friend who was hospitalized in the same hospital her daughter was once born in many moons ago. This brought on a sadness that no human should bare. A disparateness that lay deep in her heart to once again feel her babies touch. Her head hung low for much of the day but she kept it hidden to the bustling world around her. Almost like a secret that should be kept. No one should know...but ahhh now you are privileged hear such pain. Yes this women was in deep pain.

Then suddenly she was whisked to the place she feared most for today. As she approached the entrance her heart pumped a little faster and her palms began to perspire. The smell of the freshly cleaned floors enveloped her senses. Bring back a flurry of emotions and memories. As she walked along the empty halls with her endearing husband she began to feel isolated and thrown out from the hospital grounds because her little one no longer resided there. A familiar stop was made along the way for a relative but she had to control her irresistible need to cry in that moment. Her feet began to quicken as if to take flight. Finally the elevators were within reach. She now had to make it to the food court so that she could try to piece back together her scattered thoughts.
Words flying and games scrambling her unorganized thoughts and actions.
She fought back the tears and the need to leave abruptly. She did succeed and victory was in her hands.
Time flew and before she knew it the time had come to leave and retire to her home.
She was excited to visit her friend but sad to be there yet sad to leave because for a brief moment she felt okay. Yes emotions climbed there way to a all time high but she suppressed them gracefully. The drive was over but her inner thoughts soon took over. She types away now because she feels like there is no way out of this pain at the moment.
No where to turn besides prayer and a blog to release throbbing pain resting deep within her soul cutting like knives with out a direction.

(Great story right? Well it was about my day and I felt scrambled so to make it sound less annoying I thought I'd write it in story form.)
So what do you think? Was this your day too? Feeling lousy and empty handed?
Sometimes I think its difficult to swallow what life decides to hand you on a cheap plastic platter. Well I guess if I can't eat todays serving then I will drink the tears instead.
Like they say, "When life gives you lemons, cry about it then smash them in a juicer." Lol

2 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

My day yesterday was full of torment as well, but in a different way. Today though, today I received an email from someone with wonderful news of "normal, everyday life and goodness."
I haven't experienced loss like yours, but I think that some days will be awful, yet you will eventually be able to find some joy and peace.

KimberlyVanLoon said...

I continue to remind myself everyday that what happens to us only makes up 10% of our being, its the 90% that WE make of ourselves. Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day. Bad things will happen and in an instant our life can be turned upside down (out of our control), but drawing comfort from God's promises and constantly moving forward...we can then survive. And not just survive, but really live. I'm sorry to hear of your visit to the hospital the other day. You are certainly a trooper.

Post a Comment