It just hit me that those of you who follow my blog may have never heard the story of when TanaLee fell asleep in death. This is a sad story so those of you who would rather not cry...I caution you to move to another blog post for now.
June 16, 2010 TanaLee turned 7 months and 3 days old. She fought long and hard but unfortunately she couldn't fight anymore and the liver transplant didn't come. She passed away around 11:30am due to liver failure and other yet to be seen causes.
TanaLee started to have some signs of discomfort and by the doctors decided to look more closely they found that her Co2 levels were above 100 and she had high levels of acid in her blood. Despite the doctors efforts to change the vent settings to bring down the Co2 and make her less acidotic. She couldn't regain her strength. They wrote it up that she might have had an infection so they changed her antibiotics a bit but still she was struggling. Soon TanaLee began to bleed from every outlet except her eyes and ears. It was like seeing a horrific crime. Doctors struggled to keep up with the blood loss and eventually realized by the end of the first night of blood loss that she was in complete liver failure and she couldn't come back. She made it to some where around 10am when I realized that she was just suffering and we were just prolonging her death. I had to make the most difficult decision, take her off the vent and let her go peacefully. She had the choice of bleeding to death slowly or going off the vent and allowing her lungs to just rest and her life to end quicker. It broke my heart and made me feel awful but I couldn't let her suffer another minute. I feel that she was comfortable and happy with all of her family around her. She died shortly after removing vent support. I miss her every second.
That is the short story of what happened. If you want to know about her birth to days up to when I first started blogging you'll have to let me know. I just copied and pasted this blog together...its too hard to write out her final two days again. Her birth/ life story is crazy but its easier for me to talk about.

(This was our last family photo)

0 comments:
Post a Comment