(My helpers)
(Working hard)
(finished product)
Today I started to make the blankets I wanted to make to donate to OHSU Nicu were Tanalee was born. They turned out so cute and I was able to get a great deal on the fabric, thanks to JoAnn fabrics! They were so helpful and I'm sure that I wouldn't have been able to afford to make all 40 without them. To make the blankets extra special I decided to fold them and attach a bow along with a short story of Tanalee's life and why we wanted to donate them. Here's what it said:
In the Arms Of Hope
TanaLee was born three and a half months premature
Weighing 1lbs 4 oz.
At barely a foot in length, we new she'd have a long road ahead.
She proved to be strong as we stood close by with many ups and downs;
Several surgeries, and many tears-some of relief, some of concern, and many of hope.
Hope is what got us by each day. Hope is what will continue to help us get through each day, week, and year that passes without her in our arms.
Our new hope is that with our loss we can help others to better understand that babies defy odds every day even when it looks grim.
Our family has grown stronger together and we want to pass on hope that we received during her stay at OHSU.
May this little token of our love bring a piece of hope to your lives as your baby fights for theirs.
In honor of TanaLee's fight we give this to you.
With love and hope for your baby- Davis family
I still can't believe that I'm almost done and I had 40 to make! What a goal to achieve! Now the hard part is taking them to the hospital and facing the reality of not having TanaLee with us like we always talked about. I find comfort in knowing that TanaLee's life will continue to touch others and we can give a little hope in a place no parent wants to be.

1 comments:
beautiful xx
Post a Comment