
Favorite moment from my trip would be this....
Okay REWIND...Let me start from the beginning.
Jeremy and I have had a horrible and very LONG year. It was time- we needed a break.
We decided to plan a trip for us to get away, we eventually settled on going to Seaside for a beach trip.
As we drove we talked about our need for this trip and how happy we were to get it.
We listened to a new CD we bought just for this very trip- yes I am a Taylor Swift fan...
FYI- I love three of the songs in particular, Her recent hit: "Mine" and a song called "speak now" and lastly my tissue jerker that I cried too many times on the way to our getaway,
"Never grow up". * I'll explain how that song has touched me in another post I'm working on.
This picture just cracks me up because we took it shortly after arriving to our hotel that is right on the beach. * I didn't realize that the camera was zoomed in...lol but isn't hubs handsome?
Okay Mama's this was a tear jerker for me... I saw a blog that featured names written in the sand but they closed their requests. I really wanted to have my baby's name written in the sand- so finally I was able to make this happen. We went down to the beach right after we arrived and wrote it as you see pictured below. (ladybug and all ) We were only able to go down to the beach twice because weather was not the best for all but 1 of the 3 days we were there. We did write her name again on the other- nicer might I add, day.
This is a shot of our suite that overlooked the ocean.
Okay so here is a shot to show you just how insane the bath tub was. It was big enough to fit at least three people...no joke. Can you see the shock on my face here people?
And YES I did get in it every night.
Through out this trip my husband and I were consistently reminded of the beautiful baby we lost in a battle. Wounded we are, but she left a story for the world and foot prints on our hearts.
This is one of many Ladybug things we came across in our ventures through shops near the beach. Funny, you'd think we'd see more sea creature stuff... ladybugs...hmmm
Here we are a Subway eating one of two lunches we ate there while on this trip.
On the second night, I planned a special meal at a place called, Maggie's on the prom.
Here you see a photo of our meal- hubs and a chicken pot-pie and I had a steak with red potatoes. I loved the cute and intimate place but it went from awesome service to a crowd of people piling in from off the boardwalk and into the restaurant. We were quickly forgotten about and had horrible service there after. (wouldn't recommend them for future.)
We skipped desert at Maggie's and went to a better place- We had a cheesecake topped with raspberry and white chocolate drizzled over the top.
Here you see one of our breakfast's that was room serviced into our room for a bed and breakfast sorta thing.
These frogs pictured below these words were REAL...yes you read that right...Real.
They were dipped in bronze and some other kind of special dips and positioned accordingly. The brighter the color the more poisonous. These were only some of the real frogs in this art store.
These frogs pictured below were not real but were made from a special mold.
This another thing that made me sad- I was reminded that though I may have more babies in the future there will aways be one missing on earth.
This shop also carried a frog that was posing with a ladybug on it's finger tip..took everything in me not to buy it.
This is just a nice picture of a seagull I took on the one day of nice sunny weather.
I want to add that this was a miracle that we had sun at all on this trip. This time of the year at the beach is usually rainy and windy. Just days before we took our trip they had a storm..today or tomorrow they predict another storm. We went and left in perfect timing.
( I also want to say that none of the pictures on this post were taken from the web or photo shopped in any way. All taken from my Nikon camera by me or hubs. With the exception of the old times photo.)
So blessed to have this man by my side!
I wanted a cool angle of the beach and sun- I think this is a nice shot.
Look at that sky! I still can't believe we got that sky during our trip to seaside!
Here I am writing TanaLee's name for a second time. Another tear jerker...It was a powerful moment to see her name together with God's beautiful creation! Simply awe inspiring.
It's hard to see but I am placing a shell that I found that looked much like a butterfly down with her name.
Jeremy was looking out to the ocean and trying to throw a large stick into the ocean...it always came back...
Another powerful view we witnessed
Here I am getting what I thought would be a nice pedicure and manicure...sorely mistaken.
It took four hours to end up with a crappy paint job and a arm and legs worth of money down the drain. This women has been doing this business for quote, 15+ yrs...four hours, REALLY? I think Jeremy could have done a better job..needless to say I don't think she should be licensed and that I will be paying more money to correct what she couldn't do very soon and I will never return to that spa. (after 3 hours went by I was ready to paint my own nails!) (I was her only client at this time-
its appointment only!)
This is only a small fraction of the seagulls that lined up like ducks in a row- right in front of my hotel room when I woke up the last morning of our trip. (run on sentence I know..lol)
By the time breakfast had arrived..we ate and decided to feed the birds too. Crazy idea , because I am not joking when I say they swarmed our balcony and flew in to grab a bite. Then they formed a flight circle to take turns to get some food...kinda cool actually.
All in all we had a great time. We enjoyed shopping, walking to the beach and seeing each other broken but mending the hurt of our loss. This was one step forward to our beginning to truly heal...never completely but to at least be okay to live and smile through our heart ache.
If you haven't done it yet, I 100% recommend you take a trip away from your new normal...try and let go of some of that baggage. It will always be a piece of oak that sits in your pocket but at least carve it into something beautiful.

2 comments:
Wow- beautiful pictures. I LOVE her name in the sand. I, too, REALLY wanted Adelyn's done. Someday.....
I just looked up the lyrics to that Taylor Swift song. Wow - I'm not sure I could listen to it. Not a big fan of hers, since they play her songs to death on the radio - but that one sounds like a winner. It actually made me think of Sierra more than anything else. I want her to stay this age forever. It's too darn cute.
This is such a wonderful post! I love the name in the sand idea.
Post a Comment