CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Horton Hears a Who!

Tonight I was watching, Horton Hears a Who...okay so I am so over grown to be watching this, I'll be the first to admit this. There was nothing else on and I'm tired anyway...but then a scene in the movie really jumped out at me that didn't jump out at me back when I first watched the movie. *Just to add- this movie made me laugh way more watching it this time.

Jane Kangaroo will be = JK
Horton will be = H

JK: Horton!

H: It's good.

JK: What do you think you're doing? Ha, you got some world in trouble. Have you forgotten what we discussed?

H: Oh no! I'm an elephant, and elephant's never forget. It's a curse, really. I remember I was on my head. and you said, and I looked up. And you say what are you doing? And I say the thing about the speck. Then you pull my ears, and you fork in the forehead.

JK: Horton!

H: What? You did.

JK: Give me that clover, Horton. Now.

H: NO!

JK: NO?

H: Yeah.

JK: Are you sure you wanna fight this fight, Horton? Because I promise you that it will get ugly very fast. And you need to ask yourself, is it really worth putting myself through all of this? for a clover? Take after me Horton, you don't. So hand it over.

H: NO! I can't give it to you. There are people on this speck, granted they are very small people. But a person is a person. No matter how small.


This jumped out to me like a jack in his box toy. I was half watching it, practically asleep when these lines caught my attention. It reminded me of when TanaLee was born and how doctors talked about babies born before 25 weeks usually aren't resuscitated because of the statistic that babies tinier would not survive. You BLM's have seen your babies fight harder then most people in their short lives. Some of you had babies smaller then 25 weeks and they survived for days outside the womb! I think there needs to be a change in the closed minded world...A Person is a person, no matter how small. They still exist or existed.

Anyway, this movie now has more meaning to me now that I am a BLM. Most things about being a BLM are hard and cold with reality. But there is a side of being one of these women that I can appreciate, I appreciate life and what the human life really does for a family more then the average person. I see things in a whole new light- any child I have in the future will never be set in front of the TV for hours on end because that life is valuable and I should make time for them because I will never get those moments again. Being a BLM has shown me that you can't shove your kids in a corner with a coloring book and let their life pass you by...ENJOY them, they are blessings and a hug from God above! Get together and spend some time with your rainbows if you have them and spend time with the ones you love- they matter more then anything else.



1 comments:

Once A Mother said...

a person is a person no matter how small... beautiful!

Post a Comment