CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Domestic Housewife

The delicious cheesy mixture!

Excuse the dirty oven folks!!!

The finished product-



Tonight I really began to feel like the domestic housewife. I made dinner like I do most days in the week but this time I felt different. I'm not sure why but I felt so giggly about the fact that I made dinner so early just because Jeremy had to leave for work tonight. So I made stuffed noddles and garlic French bread. Yum, right? So you want that great recipe and directions to make it? Okay hold onto your oven mittens here it comes:

The recipe come from my fantastic cookbook that my mother-in-law bought me to give me something to do and learn more from shortly after I married Jeremy. From it I have learned some great tips about cooking and just got yummy recipes from- Better Homes and Gardens "anyone can cook, step by step recipes just for you".

The recipe is called, " Spinach-Stuffed Pasta Shells" its found on page 321 of the Pasta/rice/grains section.

Ingredients:

12 dried jumbo shell macaroni ( I use Ronzoni jumbo shells- only takes 10 minutes to cook)

1 10 ounce package frozen spinach (this can be in leaf or chopped form)

2 eggs, lightly beaten

2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 ounces, I recommend 2 cups for the cheese mix but a little extra for the top needs to left to the side for the topping.)

1 cup Ricotta cheese

1 26-32 oz jar pasta sauce (or you can make your own blend of sauce)

Directions-

  1. Cook jumbo shells according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cool water. Drain once more. Set to the side, drain spinach. * tip- I put my spinach in the microwave in a safe bowl with a lid for four minutes and its ready or defrosted.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. To prepare filling for shells, in a large bowl (I double recipe)/ medium bowl mix together drained spinach, cheeses and eggs. Give a generous helping into each jumbo shell. Put stuffed shells into a 2 quart square baking dish. ( I use a 15X10X12 in. baking pan.) Pour pasta sauce over the top. Sprinkle leftover cheese blend.
  3. Bake, covered ( I don't cover) in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. * without doubling it makes about 4 main serving dishes...mine makes about 6-8. (this depends on how hungry my family of four is and how much I myself will eat. I typically will eat four stuffed shells and a piece of garlic bread.
If you happen to try this let me know what you think...

As far as my domestic skills, they have defiantly improved since marriage a year and half ago. But I can't help but feel somewhat lost since I'm not forced to think about what to feed TanaLee. You know what I mean? I constantly feel like shouldn't I be worried if a baby would or could eat this? Do any of you BLM's feel this way? My TanaLee would be of age now, if she were still around she might be dabbling in "normal" foods had she not been sick in the hospital. * insert sigh here*

Something way off subject but I just got to thinking about songs and how their meaning has changed after a loss...What are songs that changed you? I'll post a blog about songs that have changed me after I get your response.

1 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

That looks and sounds so yummy! I can't wait to bake and cook again, after getting home next year.

One song that I am more touched by this year is "It's All About Love," by Brian McKnight and his son, Niko. It's a Christmas song, meant to bring awareness to the less fortunate, mainly the homeless, but I think this song could be an outline for world peace. With all the love and support people have offered us this year, this song is more meaningful.

Post a Comment