CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 6, 2010

A time capsule




Yesterday night Savannah's body clock finally decided to go into heat. She is seven months and she wants to start now?? Why now? Don't you know I need that money silly girl? Well apparently she doesn't care b/c off we went to the vet to drop her off for an overnight stay. She will receive a good morn'n pup with a I.V. starting to knock her right back out for surgery. She was mad at me today because I kept her in her kennel all day (with the exception of potty- breaks) and for the longest time she wouldn't even look at me. Then the above happened just as I waited in the lobby to pay for Savannah's surgery. (I sat down to open a dog magazine and that is what I opened to.) *tears*






I spent some time looking through some photo's, some that I forgot I had.

Some caused tears of joy and some that brought back the pain that washed over me in June. I remember going out to eat with my family just a few weeks before my life changed dramatically.
At the time of the picture of the names written on the table, I was still too early in my pregnancy to know the gender of my growing baby. I wrote on the table the names my husband and I finally agreed on. I was excited because I knew within a few days I would get to finally call that baby- TanaLee! The picture with my belly showing was a joke because TanaLee was much to small to make me show but it shows you that my sister was a thousand times bigger and further in her pregnancy. I remember thinking about how cool it was to share this with my sister..having babies born around the same time. She ended up having my niece in September and I was more then ready to be an aunt. I just wasn't ready for TanaLee the following month.
You see when I was pregnant it was the season to multiply babies were everywhere...(notice the ducks pictured at the pond near my house) I felt so blessed to be pregnant despite my constant morning sickness. I look back and cry tears that I didn't get the same birth experience my sister got. I rejoice that her birthing process went safely but I cry that now she suffers traumatizing surgeries for her precious little girl. Something I am all too familiar with.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

<3 beautiful photos! It didnt even occur to me that you were pregnant at the same time as your sister. I was pregnant at the same time as my sister as well.. not with Genesis though but with my last baby.

*Laura Angel said...

I just now went through every post. Your journey was incredible, your so strong. TanaLee is most definately very proud of her mommy and daddy. TanaLee was such a strong little girl!! hugs to you

Post a Comment