CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Is it really 2011???


A new year


2011 is here and a new beginning is starting...

Maybe this new journey will have a happy ending by the starting 2012...

so here is the latest and a review of my journey-

December 29, 2010 :

I went to visit some specialists about my kidney's and future pregnancies. In short the high risk OB told me that it is a 33.3% chance for a person with my disease and a history of Pre-eclampsia, that there will be a recurrent case of premature birth.

The real risk is the baby being born to early just as it was for TanaLee. She assured me that this situation was not one were she would flat out say that "you should not try for another." So that was music to my ears, she just said that I need to be monitored very closely.

Then I met with a genetics counselor and she informed me that my disease did not play a role in what happened to TanaLee. With saying that Pre-eclampsia is associated with kidney disease and other health issues. She said that before hubs and I try for another baby I should have a few base line tests done as well as investigations on some of my other organs. This shouldn't take more then a few months to finish. Hopefully my marriage to the "Orange jug" will be a good one...lol

All in all we got a green light for the most part as far as when we are 100% ready to try.


To recap this year would be re-living each moment....for now that isn't what I want to do. Let's just leave it up to my past posts to let you in on the worst of it. I just know that I hope this year is a fresh new lease on life and add a new little one to my life. I have lived to learn a harsh reality and see that even things you think would be a given don't just happen for you. Sometimes you have to work hard for it. Hopefully you'll be reading posts on happy things this year!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope for the same things this year. We deserve it. Good luck and please keep us posted on all your medical stuff. I'm really sorry you have to go through all that :(

Amy von Oven said...

I'm a new reader to your blog, but I can understand the medical issues...My daughter was stillborn May 3, 2009, and a month later i underwent serious blood clots where I was in and out of surgeries and hospitals...It is so hard to heal and recover with the medical issues on top of it. I am praying for new life this year for you....Check out my blog, I'm still new to all of this!

Post a Comment