Once I poured the cake batter into the pans I realized that the pans I was using were a bit small...I wanted a round cake not rectangle so I used it anyway....that's when all the madness broke out. I was checking on the cakes every 10-20 minutes as the box doesn't give directions for rounds.
(yes I made the cake from a box...don't judge me...red velvet is a cake i'd rather not do too much experimenting with since its my favorite. :) lol )
So as I was saying...the batter started to spill out over the pans and onto the bottom of the oven making a mess. My brilliant husband helped me out by putting some tin foil on the rack below the cakes to catch any batter that fell below...awesome idea! Why didn't I think of that? Long story short, the cakes cooked and I just had to cut off excess cake that shaped funny. Soon after the cakes cooled enough to take out of the pan hubs and I headed off to dinner as it was already 4:30 and it was Mothers day after all so the wait might be long.
My Journey to making Red Velvet Cake through pictures:
*Look below the dinner photo for the finished product.*
Thankfully the wait was only about 15 or 20 minutes (we beat the largest of crowds). We were seated and had a nice quiet and romantic spot in the restaurant. I had Shrimp Primavera and hubs got a classic pepperoni pizza. It was a familiar setting but romantic nonetheless since we don't get out to eat much anymore. I LOVE Italian food so it was twice the treat.

*My dinner above*
When we arrived home we just spent time together watching some tv. I scratched hubs head since this is his favorite thing to wind down...as I just enjoyed having him with me. We both ate some cake that I had made earlier and called it a night. Maybe not a firework night for some but for me it was just what I needed. Time alone with my husband...time to reconnect..talk about our goals and bask in the love we have that brought us together just over two years ago. We are two years going on three now but couldn't be more happy we made it here today.
*The after & before cutting & eating*
Now to switch gears a bit. Yesterday wasn't all smiles.
I did have a melt down. From all the talk about wanting a baby but not having one yet. From everyone I know being pregnant or just newly parents to a first. All of this has been on my mind for three months. Three months of TTC. Yet here J and I are empty handed. I am still vacant of a growing baby. I cried on the way home from the grocery store b/c someone I had never met wished me a happy mothers day. I cried not b/c of the greeting or the holiday...but the thought of me being a mom and yet not feeling like one. Never mind the holiday. The fact that for three months J and I have been TTC without a positive. We got home and I reached for J almost in slow motion and before I could get out the words he grabbed me and I cried in his arms. How awful I feel for him. How hurt I feel that I couldn't have TanaLee full term or to survive the storm that fell on us. The fact that I had no control over the matter. How much I long to see J hold a living healthy baby of his own in our home. To see a tear fall from his eye not of sadness but of joy from a blessing of our child we made. To see a new beginning, a fresh start in continuing our family. A Positive. My dream would be for J and I to have a family together and raise it as we talked about...to hear I love you mommy. To see Jeremy hold our baby, rocking it to sleep. To hear the laughter of my child and J playing in the park.
Two years of heart ache, love, courage, endurance and hope. Forever changed but stronger for the two years together. Thank you Babe. I love you!
*Sorry for the crazy back and forth...pictures interrupting story and all....im a bit scatter brained today.

6 comments:
God's timing is perfect even when it doesn't feel that way....I am so sorry you are hurting. I will pray for you and that God will bless your family. I know your heart is aching, GIve it to CHrist, He has a plan for you!
That cake looks yummy, even if it overflowed from the pan. yum. :)
I know just what you mean about the wanting/longing/wishing for a baby for you and especially for your husband. I'm so feeling that.
oh felicia....<3 a few things... first HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! it looks like you had a delicious dinner and that cake looks awesome!
I know how you feel while ttc... its so so hard. Throw your burden on Jehovah. I have faith it will happen for you both mama. What helped me was saying "when I have a child..." not "if I have a child.." speaking of it that way makes it more real and strengthens even your own faith. Love you!
I read your post with tears filling my eyes!
I feel your pain and I am so sorry!
Your day sounds beautiful! Keep holding on to J! Keep growing in that love and keep on praying! Like the watchtower said on Sunday sometimes we have to keep asking, show your faith and trust! And keep on asking!
Love and hugs
Happy Anniversary. And Happy Mothers Day- because you are a Mommy and I have faith that you will be again soon. Don't forget that you have a personal angel working in your favor that knows from experience what a great Mommy you are.
The cake pictures in the oven made me chuckle- totally something that would happen to me! The best laid plans....
Thinking of you!
I love your description of the overflowing cake and your hubby's solution because it so reminds me of myself and my husband. My specialty is overflowing bread pans and my husband has had to provide me with the obvious solution on more than one occasion :) Thank you for sharing and putting a smile on my face.
You touch my heart so and remind me of a former me, one when myself and my husband were young and expecting our first child early on in our marriage. We too lost that child. It is so hard and I am glad you were able to have a lovely day together. I keep you in my thoughts.
Post a Comment