April 14, 2010 (152 days old)
TanaLee is doing about the same. The liver surgeon decided to re-list TanaLee as active, so its a waiting game from here. She has now reached the criteria the liver team wanted for surgery. The doctors removed the drain from her abdomen yesterday because she no longer needed it and it was an extra risk to getting an infection.
After seeing TanaLee we decided we wanted to do something different up here in Seattle. I found a pottery place called,"paint the town". Its a little shop for people to come and choose from a large selection of un-painted sculptures or plates ect. Then you choose your paints and design, they provide different stamps/lace/stencils ect. Then you paint then they fire your work in a oven thing I can't spell it..so i call it oven thing..lol They give you your work in 5-7 days! Its the funniest and neatest shop. We will take you there if you come up...at least if your into that kinda thing.
Jeremy decided on a square plate and he is still working on it, he didn't like his design yesterday so he wants to start over...the nice thing is, is that the paint is non-toxic and water based so you can wash off the paint if you dont like it...this only works as long as you haven't fired the idem.
My mom choose two small figures, a giraffe and a clown fish- both for the grand kids.
I choose a round plate and i'm not finished but i'll publish it on the blog once we are all finished. You can see in the picture some of what our work looks like.

1 comments:
Looks like fun! I love that sort of thing. I've never taken the girls to a place like that, but i'm sure they'd love it. I was hoping to make a visit up there this weekend, but that's not going to work right now. Unfortunately Vanessa has a horrible cough and it seems to be getting worse, not better. We're better off waiting, in case she has a virus attached to her cough... would hate to get you guys sick and pass it off to TanaLee. Miss you, hope to visit with you soon. Love you. Give that cute little bug of yours a kiss for me. :)
Post a Comment