![]() |
| *Photo from SkinnyTaste.com* |
This smoothie is in one word, "creamy". It tastes good too. I altered the recipe a bit because I was afraid of what it would taste like. Due to that I think it came out a bit more pea-nutty and thicker then it should be. Next time I will try to stay true to the recipe and see if it makes a difference in thickness. If you feel brave enough to try this and want to try it the way I did it,
My 1rst way (thicker consistency):
* 2 small hand full's of frozen spinach
* 1 1/2 frozen banana
* 2 tbs peanut butter
* 1 cup skim milk
( I did not add the yogurt because it sounded too weird to me for this recipe..lol and i didn't have chia seeds but next time will add.)
Overall, I think the taste is there- I would just want it to be thinner next time. It is super healthy and has a cool green color. From what I read, this smoothie is high in the following: Vitamins, A, C, K, iron, fiber, folate, lutein, magnesium, potassium, protein, and lastly calcium. YUM! I have been making a lot of berry smoothies but this was a nice change. Let me know if you try it. :)
*
*
*
Yesterday I had my follow up Dr. Appointment since my hospitalization last week. Here's what I learned,
My Doctor isn't 100% in agreement with her colleagues as far as me being "mildly preclamptic". She basically told me that she's not convinced that I have started to get Preeclampsia. She said I did fit the profile for mildly preclamptic last week based on a few small factors but after explaining to her the circumstances surrounding those factors she agree's with me that I am not preclamptic. So good there. She also noted that my BP has been fantastic along with NO protein in my urine dips. She has decided to see me weekly from here on out just to be cautious. I will see her for a regular visit then follow with a NST and blood draws. With a growth ultrasound occasionally for fun. She has not changed her mind about trying to get me to 39 weeks at this point. :) I had a NST yesterday as well and lil Joshua made it through with flying colors. I got to sit back eat some cheese and crackers and feel him roll around. (He hates those monitors and room in there is becoming quite cramped so he more or less adjusts his position rather then flip or something.) Today I am 32wks & 3days...so still chuggin along getting closer by the day to my goal of full term! I'll try and continue to update with my weekly appointments from here on out...hopefully with some shots of the growing baby....I was last told he almost weighs 4 lbs! When my doctor measured my belly yesterday,(she doesn't do this usually because there is no need with my frequent visits with ultrasound ect) she got something like 34 and just gave my husband and I a look of disbelief...she's like "Your what? 32 weeks?" lol I'm guessing she believes he's either very long or very big. :) Good times! What would you guess? Take a look back through my pregnancy posts with belly shots and you tell me your guess for his "birth weight" assuming he will be full term. Leave a comment below...maybe I'll do a give away for who ever get's it right once he's born. I have some good stuff for a give away so comment on this and I'll tell you what you could get!


4 comments:
I am going to say 7 pounds 12 ounces!
I have been away for so long! I didn't know you were expecting lol!!! CONGRATS!!!!! Glad to hear things are going well so far... :) Can't wait to see pics!! xoxo Tabatha
I'm so glad things are going well. Grow, baby Joshus, grow, and stay in there until you are good and ready!
Glad to hear things are going well! And that he's still in there! I've been reading along, but mostly from my iPad and I don't know how to comment yet from that thing- but just want you to know that I'm thinking of you!
Post a Comment