CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 4, 2013

Guest Blogger...from my perspective!

  Have no Fear... for Hubby is Here. Cheesy I know, This is Jeremy "Felicia's Husband" I felt like giving this whole blog thing a try. I mean it must be fun since wifey spends a lot of her time on here. I don't know if I am having fun yet but oh well.

  I guess this is where I talk about something meaningful... Here it goes.

 (A pregnancy after a loss)

After Felicia and I lost TanaLee I was very sure that I didn't want to ever try to have another baby. The doctors said that our chances of having the same thing happen again (because of wifey's kidney disease and her history with Preecclampsia, Plus my genetic mutation) I didn't want to even chance it. 

Felicia had been really pressing to get pregnant again for the past couple years and it really scared me. I tried to keep a supportive attitude about the whole thing because I knew it meant a lot to her... but deep down, I really didn't want her to get pregnant again. 
 
Then came the Pee stick! I felt that my whole life was about to drop me upside down, turn me around, throw me to the grass and kick me in the (REAR). All I could think about was EVERYTHING. We had to move to SEATTLE Last time. I couldn't do that now... I have responsibility's here at home. I got a career to keep up with, I got bills that aren't going to just let me put them on hold for a little while. Last time TanaLee's medical bills went over 2 million dollars... Now the health insurance I have has a 1 million dollar annual cut off. Take 2 Million... subtract 1 Million... that leaves 1 Million. That was a head ache all by itself.

I try not to show my stress to the wife because I know that is the last thing she needs right now.

Now comes week number 25...
I was SO relieved when week 25 had come and yet there was no sign of Preeclampsia. Because this was the time that all the crap hit the fan last pregnancy. This was my goal to make it to at least week 25. Every time we went to the hospital for a doctors appointment they said it all looked good... I felt as if they HAD to be missing SOMETHING. Everything cant just be fine. But here we are.

Week number 29 week:

Now it is 4 weeks gestation past when TanaLee was born. Still no signs of preeclampsia! I am just ecstatic  Now all these cloth diapers and onesie's that I'm paying for means something to me. I can actually purchase an outfit and be sure that my son will be using it soon. I didn't think I could be excited about this pregnancy until I was holding my child in my arms. But here I am, Excited. If TanaLee could make it so far with being born at 25 weeks how much better will my son do being 29+ weeks. It seems like time is flying by now.

I feel that NOW all I can fear is years down the line when I have to have that "Special" talk with him to explain where babies come from... I don't even know why they call it "birds & the bee's" talk. Birds and Bees doesn't really explain anything. I think that the animal that best explains it, is the male dog. 

P.S: My wife is making me some dinner and I took a video of her chopping something. She doesn't know it yet. and she doesn't know about this blog so... Shh don't tell her. You don't think she'll notice this blog on here do ya?


2 comments:

Arcoiris en Nuestro Cielo! said...

Super cute! I am so happy for you all. XOXO

Ashley said...

You are too cute!! hehe Love the video! This was really interesting to read from a guy perspective :) I am so thrilled that you guys are having another beautiful baby!

Post a Comment