Hi everyone,
I was officially discharged last night around 9pm. We are still growing thankfully. Ultimately I was diagnosed as "Mildly Preclamptic" due to two factors that barely have foundation,
1. In two weeks I had blood pressure readings around 150 as the top number. (In each case I was told nerve racking news and shortly thereafter had my BP taken.)
2. My platelets had dropped which I've been told has connection with PE. (in my last post I mentioned how when the blood draw labs were repeated the platelets had come back up to normal levels.)
So I spent a total of two nights in "mother & baby unit" for close observation. My 24 urine came back at 330 for protein when normal is 300. I was then given betamethasone in the small chance that I had to deliver early and to ensure baby boy had help developing his lungs (* If you haven't had these shots, they HURT bad-They are alittle over and inch long and given in your butt muscle 2x one shot for each cheek. OUCH). I was hooked up to an NST test twice, both of which Joshua scored a perfect 10/10. He did however give us a scare the second time when his heart rate dropped as low as 96 twice but after an ultrasound we believe he was grabbing his cord for fun. (It was seen floating near his hands) Over all, his NST was 10/10 because although his heart rate dropped a few times it always came right back up.
Over my two night, and full day admission my BP was stable and Joshua proved to be healthy and unaffected by what was proposed as possible Pre-eclampsia. My OB decided because I was so stable during my stay to release me but just for sake of not being too confident, she will see me in another few days and do a repeat on many of the tests and plan most likely to see me weekly from here on out. Also have me hooked up to NST's and tests of other sorts done shortly after at least twice weekly. So LOTS of watchful eyes on us from here on out more than ever before.
So today we sit at 31 wks 5 days! So close to my over all goal, but short term is 35 then 38 or 39.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers....lets get to that happy place with happy photos and stories in the next 5-6 weeks.
More updates to come after my Ob appointment this upcoming week. See you then.
Fall
12 years ago

1 comments:
So happy and excited for you!! You look absolutely beautiful mama! :) Praying for you and baby for a healthy pregnancy and delivery!
Post a Comment