It couldn't have come any more timely since tragedy stuck for my friends and family just a week before. I started the day off getting last minute items for the party.(I.E: balloons & perishable foods) Then I headed over to my in-laws house were the party would be hosted to set up. As I looked around the room I saw my vision of what this day would be like coming to life. (I have been wanted to do this type of party since before hubs and I started TTC'n)
Our theme was "What's it gonna Bee?" So black and yellow and honey bumble bees were key. I have to say that this was not easy to find/or make this time of year since Halloween was standing on the steps of my party time frame. I decided after long searches, to reveal the gender and name of this rainbow by playing a game instead of the now overly done cutting the cake gag. I love games so this was way more my style. The game involved putting one block with a number and letter on either side in a box and then handing the boxes out to the crowd. My blocks for example spelled out: B-A-B-Y J-O-S-H-U-A with a number on the back of each one so B=1 ect.
| Finished Bee box....each had their own unique face |
| Letter side |
| Just some of the details |
| I put all of the best ultrasound pictures on display. |
| Only part of the food...lots more was added! |
It took only a few moments for my friends and family to take a look into their boxes to find the block neatly wrapped in blue & pink tissue paper and realize they needed to share what they had with someone else...then lining the coffee table with number side up to figure out what it was. Reactions were priceless and better than I expected. Everything went off without a hitch- people were social and eating and enjoying the baby bliss with me. My dear sis'n'law Kim made a beautiful cake for the celebration, tasting scrumptious despite the wrap that Gluten free food has. (She's a pro at good gluten free) Funny thing was although the gender was top secret she managed to bake a cake perfect for the occasion since the B is a BOY and Blue is for Boyish. She did this by total accident. :) Deep down I think she just knew.
After a short break after the reveal to socialize we decided to keep the party going with the best game ever- Catch Phrase! So much fun and even the kids could join in. We shared a lot of laughs and excitement for our hope we hold so strong. Here's to a great party and good love shown that night....memories I hope to share with my lil man someday.
For now he's tucked gently in a warm place within growing ever stronger and you know....It just feels good.
I'm actually hopeful with joy and not heavy with fear today.

7 comments:
So happy for you!! I love the name Joshua! And cute party!
Congrats! I myself am partial to the name Joshua...that's my rainbow's name as well. Keeping growing baby joshua!
I love the idea of your reveal. Very original! :) Congratulations!
Congratulations on little Joshua's reveal! I also have to applaud your creativity - you did a great job!
TanaLee,
Congrats, congrats, congrats on your sweet Baby boy on the way! HOW WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy for you and this precious rainbow on the way. Will be praying for you. God Bless!
Wonderful news!!!
OMG that is the cutest party theme ever!! So sweet. So happy that you are having a boy - boys LOVE their mommy's :-)
Post a Comment