Yesterday around 1pm I started to notice a cramping feeling in my lower abdomen. This went on for a while, not coming and going but a continuous cramp. Around 4pm I decided that it was completely out of the norm for me and called Labor & delivery. Of course I told them that this feeling could be from a number of things including the fact that Joshua had been moving like crazy for several hours- rolling from one side to the other of my stomach. After talking with my OB's on-call fill in we determined it was safe for me to wait it out for a few more hours and that I should try and stay off my feet during that time. ( Funny thing was, I had off my feet for most of the day playing couch potato aside from making a pie.) Yeah, I am quite the slacker these days in house work. HA!
So around 7pm I decided, "Hey, bathrooms down the hall.Why don't you go use it?" When I got up to go, my cramping feeling really took a toll as I stood up and actually hurt bad enough that I was waddling quite dramatically to use the potty. After a waddle back to the couch I dialed L&D once more but this time with the decision to go in. *Hubs has to work today* so he couldn't go with me and was convinced I was fine anyway. (I didn't have any clear flags up except the cramping) My mom decided to be my right hand since she did not work the next day and was happy to come pick me up and assist me in the journey to L&D. Upon arriving I was sent to a room to change and give a sample of urine. After changing into those lovely hospital gowns I parked myself on the bed while the nurse was chatting it up with me and taking my vitals. My blood pressure was 138/83! Much higher than my norm- 120/74. So of course through my blabbing excuses for the change I was thinking about Preeclampsia. After all I am just three days from being 24 weeks which is exactly the week I was admitted into the hospital and eventually diagnosed with that awful, confusing "disease" that took my baby girl from my womb to soon. The nurse left to get me some ice water and to chat with the doctor that would be in shortly. When she returned she informed me that things were looking normal and that I would most likely be leaving shortly. The doctor came in and told me my urine sample was very normal with no sign of protein or abnormal anything. What a relief ya'll! Here I had my mind spinning about possible preeclampsia and have the crap hit the fan right now. The doctor did want to check my cervix even though the monitors weren't picking up any contractions. Let me just say that my cervix is fine and I didn't know it was possible for it to be sooo very far away when a doctor examines. Ouch! Shortly there after I was released with everyone chalking this up to be round ligament pain & or baby just being in a weird position. I left feeling happy that nothing serious was happening but over dramatic for going in at all. I had to keep telling myself, "You would not have slept a wink had you not gone in." I guess that's what you get when you suffered loss, your more hyper sensitive and aware to any little thing even if its harmless. There is no guilt for keeping my lil guy safe...even if it embarrassed me. Here's to safe babies in the womb and taking it like a champ...lol
![]() |
| Sample of diapers I purchased :) |
![]() |
| Above photo is the lil joey's & this photo is the kawaii brand |
Okay so ya'll know it was black Friday yesterday- I don't get all excited over it anymore when half the time the deals really aren't all they seem to be. So you won't see me standing in line at 3am waiting for the wide doors to swing open. However I have been venturing into the world of cloth diapering over the last few months and what change there has been in this way of diapering...no more dish-like cloths with safety pins...well you can still do it that way but there are more sophisticated options out there. They are so expensive but save you a ton once the investment is made, extra points for keeping one less diaper in the landfill. So back to the black Friday bit- Sales were GREAT for cloth diaper-ers. You could get top notch brands for little out of your pocket in comparison to normal prices. I got some help from my good friend from over at Naturallythriftymom. She and I have been talking about getting my stash started since the word pregnant came out of my mouth but I was a slacker and took forever...plus getting started is daunting and overwhelming. After she moved out of state we knew we'd be skyping for assisting me with the shopping. Oh and did I mention that there was a time when I was very against cloth diapering? lol I gave her a hard time when she revealed she would try it with her firstborn. I wasn't having any of it. But she CONVERTED me along with the help of a documentary I watched on netflix about plastic called "Bag it". I would highly recommend it for view if you haven't already seen it-even if you aren't into cloth diapering...in fact its more about how much plastic we consume and use. :) Happy to say now I appreciate the option to go more GREEN. Oh yeah back to the black Friday diaper sale...I started out slow this time around and purchased two sets of "lil joey's" and two diapers from Kawaii, so a total of 6 diapers at only $66.98. This may seem steep in cost but really I walked away with a deal. I had a 15% off my entire purchase with free shipping since my order was over $60. So yes, I am happy to have started my stash and will add more as the money is saved away. Kelly's Closet is a great site for savings and free gifts ect when the black Friday sales are over. That site often has coupon codes ect that will drop your order price by a lot and often puts nice items on sale...its like the khols of online diaper shopping. So all in all I am thrilled with my stash being started and hope to grow it with time..perfect investment. Not so happy about my L&D visit last night as I'd rather not be worried that the crap hit the fan. But overall happy- baby is still cooking and one day hopefully in late February I will dress him in cute, chemical free, earth friendly diapers watching him thrive and grow.
Until next time on the adventures of crazy :)




1 comments:
We totally plan on cloth diapering too! Can't wait for Joshua to be here already so you guys can hold your little rainbow :)
Post a Comment