CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 29, 2012

24 weeks in, almost there!

I cannot believe that I'm here.

24 weeks.

HERE.

The very point in pregnancy that in 2009 I was hospitalized for Preeclampsia.
The point in my life when everything would change.

How am I doing/dealing?

I had my 24 week appointment yesterday. I was of course a nervous wreck thinking that this appointment was going to be when the crap hits the fan and I would be hospitalized once again in my journey to becoming a mother for the 2nd time. To my surprise, the appointment revealed a much better outcome.
It started with a growth ultrasound that showed baby Joshua is growing nicely. In fact he is estimated to weigh nearly 2 lbs! That weight is typical for a 26-27 weeker. So I'd like to say that he is doing well and is healthy as an ox at this point. :) He is measuring on the charts to be in the 60th percentile. So I couldn't be happier. His fluid was measuring at a 10..I'm not sure what it was last time but at least we are still in healthy/normal range.
After the ultrasound I had the OB appointment. My doctor came in all smiles, she told me that my urine dip was free of protein at this point so Preeclampsia is not in view. She was very happy to say that my lil boy is looking good and that I am not doing to bad myself. Blood pressures are "perfect". She had no real complaints except for my laziness and not working out like I've been repeatedly admonished to do. So I have had a new vigor and started the 30 minute sweat session at the gym officially yesterday. We shall see how well I do. All in all, baby and I are doing swell. I can't complain and I'm thrilled to think that I am so close to the finish line already. Crazy- next week will be the very week (pregnancy week not literal week in terms of when) three years ago that TanaLee was born. (11/13/09- this date has passed but I'm refering to being at 25 weeks) Hopefully next week Joshua will still be cooking and be in no rush to leave his Uterus hotel. Just a side note- He's been in the breech position for a while now...he seems to like his head squished in between his placenta and my uterine wall. I like to think he just likes having a pillow of sorts. lol  Oh and his heartrate yesterday was in the 160's. Good lil man of mine...being all happy and healthy. lol

As for me,

Maternity clothes: Yep. Still rocking the clothes that showcase this guy.

Stretch marks: No. Thank goodness. I'm not confident that I will stay this "blessed", but I make a habit these days to rubb on the lotion after a good scrub in the shower.

Sleep: Its been decent. I toss a lot during the night. Often shifting a pillow in between my legs after switching sides. But I can't complain. Still getting some.

Best moment this week: A story of crying over stupid things is going in the books. Let's just say that hormones make you cry over the darnedest things...cookies in my case. lol

Food cravings: Still a slab of meat every once in a while. But yeah cookies are the new craze. Odd since this entire pregnancy I really haven't wanted sweets. I do only want one or two...so its not a bad craving.

Belly button: It has turned virtually flat. Very little of a indention...so no lint..lol

Looking forward to: EVERYTHING. lol I'm dreaming up my future days with Joshua. I'm looking forward to my hopes of one day in late February of snuggling him as I'm wheeled back to recovery...then sharing his sweetness with the rest of our anxious and excited relatives. Oh what a day that would be.

The finish line is in view....lets take a deep breathe and get there

**will update with pictures/belly shots later today...gotta run now but check back tonight**

2 comments:

Simply, Sarah said...

Make sure you're getting enough iron!
Cravings for sweets can actually be when your body needs more protein. And, a good protein intake helps with preventing premature labor.
I'm so excited for you!!!

*Laura Angel said...

I would love to hook up via facebook! Laura Meindel!

Post a Comment