CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goldie Locks for Cancer...or maybe its called Dishwater blonde?

So I did it... CUT IT OFF! Made a sizable donation to "Locks of Love" for those who are under treatments that cause the loss of hair. Folks, I lived in the Ronald McDonald house where many children were on chemo for cancer and lost their own natural hair. This broke my heart. When I found out about this program I just knew I had to do it. You can click on the link and read more about it on the website but it really is simple and a great gift for those who have lost something, that for some is like loosing their identity of who they are.

Let's do a comparison...

Before last springs haircut:


 After:


Grow baby Grow... 
At my get away months later:

 Give my hair in the above picture about three more inches and voila' you have my length just before this transformation:




******************








This was my face after everything was cut! But I really do love it despite what my face says...lol


Typical fun face for a non-photogenic gal-
(sorry about the bad lighting...camera wasn't listening to me! lol)


So there you have it...the new look for hopefully the new JOB...prayers that I hear good things next week!

*Comment if you like the new hairdo and you might donate at your next salon visit...heck you could do it yourself but you may need a steady hand...lol

6 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Love your new hair-do and so wonderful that you donated your locks :) Good luck for your job :)) Thinking of you and I’ve nominated you for a ‘One Lovely Blog’ Award via
http://newyearmum.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html
xoxo

Tiffany said...

your hair cut is really cute!!

SG said...

Good for you! And the cut is super cute. I met kids going through chemo when we lived in RMH, too, and it just broke my heart. It's so great that you decided to do this.

Ashley said...

Your hair looks great, I love your short and long hair!!

*Laura Angel said...

so cute :)

Lj82 said...

Good for you for donating. :) I'm a salon-bond, so I don't qualify to donate, but it's so great when others do.

Do t you just love a fresh hair it? Looks great on you!

Post a Comment