CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2013

Oh the places you WILL go!

Saturday February 9, 2013- 

Was my very first baby shower! It was a great turn out, the theme was Dr. Seuss. I have to say that I debated for a long time about having a baby shower but I ultimately decided I needed to let go and enjoy this time in my life so when my sis-n-laws approached me with a party I dove right in. My mother'n'law was kind to open her home for the event and help with plans as well. This party was crafted with love and hope for the little guy I carry. Here are just some of the details. (Sorry no pictures of the crowd, I want to protect others privacy)


On this table- A jar of goldfish to guess how many, "Oh the places you will go " book for guests to sign to double as a gift and guest book. The small black frame has a rhyming paragraph to ask guests to sign book. Oh and if you didn't notice on the wall, my nieces did some "artwork" with gift ribbon to let people know who the party was for. :) 


The main area for entertaining. The living room wasn't big enough for our crowd so this space was cleared out to use.  The living room was used for the kids to color cartoon pictures of the famous Seuss characters or watch a Seuss movie. They all had fun wearing "stashes" or mustaches to look like the Lorax!  


This is yet another piece of ART that my sis'n'law Kim made! *She has no cake training!!!!*
The cake reads, "Big J, Little j, What begins with J, Jar of Jam & Joshua too! I must also add that every detail of this cake was hand done except for the bottom layer's fondant with stars, even the cute Seuss houses with characters and other details were all hand drawn on homemade fondant. My jaw dropped and tears fell quickly when I laid my eyes on it!

Here is the bump next to the cake/desert table.
Notice on the left of the table is "The Fish"- a gold fish to match the theme...he's real. Another gift, one we hope will live long enough for Joshua to meet...lol Also My other sis'n'law made red velvet cupcakes with cotton candy on top to imitate "Thing 1 and Thing 2". They were delish! Eww...I have gained a lot of weight below the neck or the camera really does add 10 lbs! (According to the Doc, I am at a healthy/normal weight gain...what is she thinking?)

This is just a few gifts I got. :P
Joshua is gonna be styling and well bathed! TeeHee!

So as you can see, the shower was amazing! I wish I could show you more pictures with detail but I don't want to invade on my friends privacy. But I can say we played a few games...none of which I won but gee give a prego a break...I got five right! lol

I had more fun than I could have imagined. I am forever grateful to my family for putting this together for me and celebrating my rainbow Joshua. I am so glad I decided to have this party. If there is one thing I could pass along to other BLM's wither you are pregnant with your rainbow or TTC'ing- Don't cut yourself short. I know with experience with loss, celebrating anything is hard. Especially when you have a rainbow on the way. Your consumed with fear and the what if's but honestly, breaking the cycle and allowing yourself to be hopeful and enjoying your "new" life comes with much needed relief. Seeing that others to care and that they want you to have what you've always wanted really helps the grief in loss. TanaLee will NEVER be forgotten or replaced but Joshua is her little brother and deserves just as much love and celebration as she.  So in conclusion, Don't rule out a shower for your new addition, it really can shed some of the weight you carry. Allow yourself to breathe in and celebrate the everyday miracles you have. 

Today's blessing for me? I'm 35 weeks!!!!! My hurdle I thought I'd never see...but today I have. 
Make it a great day and be kind to those around you.


2 comments:

Natasha said...

The shower looks like it was a lot of fun! It's hard to let go and live in the moment during pregnancy after loss but it's nice when you can enjoy those special times. 35 weeks!!! You're so close! Praying for a uneventful remainder of the pregnancy <3

Natasha said...

By the way you look GREAT!!! Love the bump!

Post a Comment