Whether you are just looking to eat better or add a few more veggies onto your plate- I'm going vegan for 31 days, starting January 1rst. Please join us. Support is key in success, we can all vouch for that.
Many frown upon the idea of going meatless due to the fact that they have been raised eating meat. Meat that takes up more then half their plate. Many think that becoming a vegetarian or vegan is too restrictive and the food won't taste good. Heck I thought that. Well, my in-laws went vegan almost a year ago and opened my eyes to a world of GOOD plant based foods that I never dreamed would be satisfying and possible on one plate. Although I tasted many good dishes from them, I haven't made any real moves towards changing my personal eating habits. 1- being because I have always viewed myself as a "healthy" eater. 2-I am not over weight (my belly and thighs scream differently- but I'm pregnant...I have a GREAT excuse for now) (The ultra sound tech says, "You are very easy to scan, YOU are what normal is supposed to look like. *She got brownie points that day. Ha!) Okay back on topic- 3 I just didn't know if vegan was for me. Well after watching this documentary film about three people who are your ultimate MEAT eaters that all took on the challenge for the movie to explore becoming vegan and see the reality of the food system that the GIANTS control, shedding light on the twisted games they play knowing that those choices could cost us and our families in the end. Food should be protected and handled properly, before & after the slaughtering begins. So in conclusion to my "lesson of thought" today, watch the movie if you can and join me in the forces to eating more veggies and trying out the vegan lifestyle for 31 days. I will post meal menus for my week if that helps so that it takes the work out for you to search for those good meals. Most of which I have already tried and can say, "They are divine! and soo filling!". If you'd like more support in this try checking out a good friend of mine who has also decided to take on the challenge (We chatted about this movie after I freaked out and told her to watch it..lol Then we decided to try the challenge) you can find Brittany by clicking on the link and see what she is up to in the vegan way. (check out many other thought provoking docs on netflix too..."Forks over knives", "Pregnant in america","The beautiful truth", "The vaccine war", "Bag it", & "Chemercial: Redefining clean for a new generation".
So I also wanted to take a moment and say something else and share some baby buys.
Can you believe 2013 is just days away? I feel like in a sense this year has taken forever. Dragging on for every painstaking second but looking back, its really gone fast. Here I sit pregnant with my rainbow who now only has 58 days til full term and has no longer that the first week of march to cook! I can't believe that the time is arriving to meet my sweet lil Joshua. I also look at this time and mourn a little bit...TanaLee isn't here. There is that gaping hole staring me back in the face. Time that has moved forward even when she isn't here. Time I can never get back. But I refuse to allow her to be forgotten. Joshua will grow up knowing that his big sister was here and made the hubs and I change for the better. We have drawn closer together as a unit and grown up as individuals for the purpose of the greater good, teaching others to LOVE stronger. Holding out hope that one day, loss will be unheard of and people will appreciate the life they have and those they share it with. Joshua now has two outfits that show that he is NOT our first baby...these outfits beg for Tanalee's name and life to be brought up. Not something to shy away from or be burdened to talk about. She was and is and always will be my daughter and first lovely child.
***If your interested in Cloth Diapering please feel free to ask me or refer to these three sites for info, coupons ect. Brittany's Vlog or Thanksmama or lastly Kelly's closet. ***
| Yes, we are cloth diapering! Here's my stash so far. Three sets of lil joey's All in 1 and four KaWaii baby with inserts. |
| My Breast pump! Joshua's first suit, dino onesies, some footwear, cute bibs, Dr. Suess's, "Do you like green eggs & ham?" (the book is just some of the inspiration for my baby shower coming up!) |
What will 2013 bring? Time will only tell. Let's Blog on shall we?


0 comments:
Post a Comment